Wednesday, November 6, 2013

"Sol de Inverno" - Episode 46 Screencaps & Translations

(Dulce comes into the living room to ask if she can serve dinner. Laura says just a little longer because they are waiting for Eduardo. Margarida says she will go get him, and they both come back into the room.)
Eduardo: I'm going out. Don't wait for me for dinner.
Laura: Look, be more careful about what you are doing. I'm getting tired of the pathetic state you are in when you get home.
(Eduardo nods "yes" and leaves.)
(Click the "Read More" link below to read the rest of this post...)

(Eduardo enters the restaurant where Andrea is now working as a hostess.)
Eduardo: Good evening, I ... (stops, sees her, is shocked.) I do not believe ...
Andreia: Are you here for dinner?
Eduardo: I am, and you? (notices that she is holding a menu and realizes she is working there) You're working here?
Andreia: I am. They needed someone to greet people and they remembered me.
Eduardo: So you were well remembered. Actually you do receive people very well. Now I'm just wondering ... do you see the irony of this? This will be the first time that you will serve me dinner.  Do you see? It was necessary for us to split up for a lucky thing like this to happen. It's funny, no?
Andreia: I do not wait tables. But surely you will be well attended to. Here we treat everyone well, cretins and all.
Eduardo: You know, I hoped that you'd hit the bottom, I just never thought it would be so soon.
Andreia: Sorry to disappoint you but I'm fine. The restaurant's owner has been my friend for a long time.
Eduardo: Oh yeah, it should be for sure ... your friend ... In fact, I even advise you to make sure to keep your friends, because with the speed at which you are accustomed to spending money, you will surely need someone who will pay your bills.
Andreia: At least I do not depend on Mom, like you do.
Eduardo:(doesn't respond, looking around) I'll sit at that table (and he goes and sits at a table.)
Andreia: Do you have reservation?
Eduardo: (laughing) Reservation? Ah ...
Andreia: You cannot have this table.
Eduardo: I can't? Why? (sees the "reserved" card on the table) Ah ... (and he hides it). Now I can.
Andreia: What do you want to drink?
Eduardo: I want a gin and tonic, with plenty of ice. I'm waiting for a someone.
(Andreia leaves as Eduardo's friend arrives and Eduardo greets him.)
(Eduardo, drunk again, is with a prostitute in his car when the police arrive and approach the car.)
Police: Police. Out of the car. Out. Did you not hear me? Out of the car now.
(Eduardo, scared, tries to drive away, but is blocked by another police car.)
Police: Turn off the car and exit immediately.
Eduardo: (getting out of the car) We were not doing anything. We were just talking ...
Police: You're under arrest.
Eduardo: But why am I being arrested? I did nothing.
Police: The practice of sexual acts in a public place is prohibited by law and constitutes a crime of indecent exposure.
Eduardo: Do you have any idea who you're talking to? Huh?
Police: No, I have no idea who I'm talking to, except the fact that it is someone caught in the act.
Eduardo: Listen, I cannot be arrested. Really. Calm down. We were not doing anything. I was talking on the phone and dropped it and she got it for me. Let's be reasonable ... How much do you want to let me go? 
Police: The best thing you can do is be silent and not make this situation worse.
Eduardo: (crying) But I cannot be arrested. This cannot become known. Seriously.
Police: Let's go (and they take him into the police car.)
Eduardo: (now in the car) Seriously. You are making a big mistake.
Police: If there is anyone here who's made ​​a big mistake, it's you. Have you considered the risks that could happen? I don't mean just the diseases, but these women often associate themselves with others to rob their customers.
Eduardo: It was the first time, okay? I swear it was. I've learned, really. I'll not be getting into a situation like this anymore. Let me go, come on ... I said I'm sorry.
Police: So if you're sorry, tell it to the judge. Let’s go.
(Laura is having breakfast with Teresa and answers a phone call from an editor of a magazine who tells her what happened to Eduardo. Laura is forced to pay him for a year of advertising in his magazine in exchange for him not publishing anything.)
Teresa: I do not believe it.
Laura: Fortunately everyone has a price. And what I'm going to pay this director is enough to erase this story. I have to put an end to this matter. Teresa, please do not tell this to anyone, not even your siblings.
Teresa: Of course not, Mother. And what do we do now?
Laura: Contact our lawyers, ask them to handle it as discreetly as possible ...
(Eduardo arrives at the office and talks to Benedita.)
Eduardo: My mother is in her office?
Benedita: If I were you I would not go in.
Eduardo: You are so happy with what you have done, aren't you?
Benedita: You only got what you deserve, Eduardo.
Eduardo: You can think that you are very safe, but believe me, look out because when you least expect it, I'll run you out of here, okay?
Benedita: Do you still not realize you have more to gain if you treat me well, than by saying such hings?
Eduardo: You are worth nothing ...
Benedita: You change your opinion very quickly.
Eduardo: You are only good for one thing, Benedita, and it is not answering phones or making coffee.
(Eduardo walks away, leaving Benedita stung.)
(Laura and Eduardo talk in her office.)
Laura: Contrary to what you may be expecting, I did not call you here to give a a reprimand about your behavior.
Eduardo: Mom, if you let me explain ...
Laura: The only person who will talk here and now is me. You're going to limit yourself to listening, and you'll do exactly what I tell you to do. Your behavior is not only reprehensible, to me it is repulsive. And what bothers me even more are the public consequences this can have. This morning magazine editor called to tell me that he knew everything that was going on. I had to pay him for advertising for a year to keep him silent. And other editors are likely to call, still.
Eduardo: Mother I do not know if this counts for anything, but I was feeling alone, and ended up drinking too much. But I never thought that such a situation ...
(Laura interrupts him.)
Laura: The problem is exactly that. You don't think. Since Andreia left home you are completely out of control and we have to put the brakes on that.
Eduardo: I can spend more time at home if that's what you want ...
Laura: What I want you to do is something else. Andreia may have many faults, but at least when you were with her your life was a little more stable. And I do not want to have to pay for rehab in a few years.
Eduardo: Mother, don't exaggerate, I only had a few drinks.
Laura: If you continue to drink every day, that is what will eventually happen. What I want you to do is this: you'll go talk with Andreia, ask for forgiveness and you will convince her to return home.
Eduardo: Mother, I will not do that, I cannot do that.
Laura: I'm not asking for your opinion, Eduardo. You'll find Andreia, you will convince her to return home, and you will ask her to forgive you. And you'll do it all today. Are we clear?
(Defeated, Eduardo nods his head.)
Laura: Great!


Sol de Inverno_46º Episódio_05.11.2013. by mlubep

I admit this wasn't Eduardo's finest hour and actions should have consequences, but man, Laura is proof some people just should not be parents LOL.  Thanks again to Dina for translating all of these scenes for us.

--Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment