Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Sol de Inverno" - Episode 39 Screencaps & Translations

At Margarida's equestrian competition, Laura, Eduardo and Simão await the results.)
Eduardo: So ... are they ever going to announce the scores?
Simão: These things take time ...
Laura: The competition was fairly balanced. It is natural that the decision is difficult.
(Margarida comes in second.)
Laura: She was so good that I had hoped she would get first place.

(Click the "Read More" link below to read the rest of this post...)

(At the hospital as they wait to go in to see Teresa, Eduardo and Simão try to comfort Margarida who is sad with the results of her competition.)
Eduardo: Hey Margarida, Come on ... do not be like that.
Simão: I think you did very good, honestly. Second place is very good.
Margarida: I sacrificed myself for this race. I've been training twice a day, every day and got second. Second was the ranking that I had in the previous competition.
Simão: .So you'll just have to continue to train, right? Because I know you're in second place now, but you'll get to first.
(Laura arrives.)
Laura: We can go see her (referring to Teresa.)
(But as they began to walk down the corridor, they run into Adelino, Sofia, Manuel, Matilde and Salvador, who are leaving the hospital. The moment is awkward and Laura does not lose the opportunity to humiliate Sofia.)
(Matilde and Salvador talk in the library. Eduardo approaches quietly outside the door and eavesdrops on their conversation.)
Matilde: I get so angry when my mom thinks I'm a fool being influenced. I know your mother did everything to try to separate us, and it’s obvious that I can’t trust her. But she has been friendly, has made an effort ...
(Eduardo can't take it anymore and enters the room, surprising them.)
Eduardo: If you can’t trust her, then maybe don’t deserve to be here. I say ...
Salvador: Eduardo, you don't knock on the door?
Eduardo: You know that mom forgot about the conflict for the sake of her children, right? Hers and those of others. And you should be a little more grateful, because she is treating you as if you were family.
Matilde: But I am grateful. Obviously I am. But I haven’t forgotten everything she did to try to separate Salvador and me. Much less what happened to my parents.
Eduardo: Well ... We can’t really prove anything, but that doesn’t mean they didn't embezzle the money. Hmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment