Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Sol de Inverno" - Episode 38 Screencaps & Translations

(Eduardo is at home with Salvador.)
Salvador: (hanging up phone) Okay, Matilde. See you later!
Eduardo: Look, I'm sorry I haven’t helped you with your bags, but you know I can't lift things. That's why.

(Click the "Read More" link below to read the rest of this post...)

Salvador: No, it's okay, Eduardo. It was only two suitcases. Look, mom told me what happened between you and Andreia. I'm sorry. I know how important being a dad is to you.
Eduardo: But I'm over it. You know how it is, I'm not much for being sentimental. I explode at the time and then I'm fine.
Salvador: So, will you separate now?
Eduardo: I don’t know, Salvador. Would you separate from Matilde if you knew that she had had an abortion without consulting you?
(Salvador nods his head.)
Eduardo: Andreia was a very interesting woman, sophisticated. Dunno ... These days ... that's nice (sighs), but she is so uninteresting as a person ... Even with sex now. Sex was one of the things that held us together, now not even that.
Salvador: Look Eduardo, if it's what you want, go ahead.
Eduardo: Everything in life has a deadline, Salvador. A shelf life. My marriage expired long ago.
Salvador: Look if you need anything, you know you can count on me, always.
Eduardo: Thank you. (changing the subject.) You're coming to see Margarida’s competition?
Salvador: I'd like to, but I have to go with Matilde, because she has a few problems with her family.
Eduardo: Sure go. You do that. Too bad. Too bad though, because Margarida would like to see you. Try to come for at least a bit.
Salvador: I'll try. See you later, Eduardo.
Eduardo: Goodbye. 
(Eduardo and Laura arrive to watch the Margarida’s competition. Simão arrives too.)
Simão: Sorry for being late. It didn't start yet, did it ?
Laura: No. It should just be starting.
(Margarida performs her routine and her family applauds, happy with her performance.)
Simão: Margarida has gotten so good, hasn’t she?
Eduardo: She did very well, very well. It was one of the best routines I've seen her do.
Laura: Even if she doesn’t get first place, she will take some place at the podium.
________

Aw, I like happy, proud, big brother Eduardo.  :)  I enjoyed that scene for a change of pace actually, quite a bit.  Obrigada as always to Dina for translating these scenes for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment