Friday, May 17, 2013

Diogo on "Malucos do Riso" (2007)

Recent posts/clips of Diogo's past work, like the interview/"skit" with Nilton and the play he did, "Acredita, Estou Possuído” have had many of us commenting on how good Diogo is at comedy.  Sure, we all know from "The Bible" and the SIC novels we have seen clips of that Diogo is an extremely talented dramatic actor.  But I know I personally was equally impressed by his knack for comedic timing and physical comedy after seeing him in things like "VIP Manicure," and I was curious to see more of this "side" of Diogo's talent.

To that end, today's Clip of the Day comes from Diogo's appearance on "Malucos do Riso" ("Crazy Laugh(ter)") in 2007.  "Malucos do Riso" is the longest running comedy series on SIC, where it began airing in 1995.  According to Wikipedia (via Google translate,) "Malucos do Riso" is "a show of popular anecdotes concerning traditional characters and stereotypes -- blondes, the grocery store, and many others. Laughter, jokes and willingness for everyone!"  So to me, it sounds like "Malucos do Riso" is what we in the US call a "sketch comedy series," along the lines of "Mad TV" or "Saturday Night Live."

In this clip of Diogo on "Malucos do Riso" from 2007, you can see him as several characters -- all very different.  From an obedient young man going to ask his boss for permission to marry his daughter, to a "playboy" talking to his friend about girls, to a doctor, to a straight-A student in elementary school.


(clip courtesy of FicaaSaber/YouTube)

(Click the "Read More" link below to read the rest....)
Liliana and I decided not to do a translation of this clip, because really, this is to show more of Diogo's talent as a comedic actor -- specifically his using different "looks" in different characters, physical comedy and comedic timing, etc.  And you will see how good he is at using all of those to be really funny, even if you can't understand what he is saying.   He definitely has quite the range as an actor, and I admit, I still really am hoping he does a dark comedy soon.  :)

On a serious, personal note -- please keep our dear friend Liliana in your prayers.  She is a bit under the weather and could use our thoughts during this time. 

We are thinking of you Liliana!  We send you hugs, prayers, and love!  We miss you.  Get well soon.

Thanks everybody, and have a wonderful weekend.

--Sara


10 comments:

  1. Great stuff! There was no doubt in my mind that he'd be great at comedy because he has an awesome sense of humor! The elementary school bit was hilarious!! Thanks girls!! And many, many prayers going out to Liliana! Hope you are better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the student part,Hilarious! Those are huge chairs! :D
    Thanks Sara and Ms.Lily. I miss you already Ms.Lily, get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video clip! Love how versatile Diogo is when it comes to acting! Liliana, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Diogo Fan Friends.
    I'm going to the hospital tomorrow to make analyzes and wait...
    'll eventually be hospitalized ... I think and hope this is just a scare… Most of you do not know but in terms of health I´ve been through much and do not ever give up!
    So… one more battle that I will won!
    I am so thankful to ALL OF YOU, for sharing your care, love and prayers with and for me. It means a LOT!
    Be back soon!
    With all my LOVE.

    Liliana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll get well soon. Beijinhos muitos!!!

      Delete
  5. I'd love to see him host SNL, he'd be great!
    Liliana, I'm so sorry to hear of your health problems and wish you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liliana, I'm sorry to hear this news. I send my best wishes for a speedy recovery! I will keep you in prayer for good outcomes and good health <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liliana,you are in my thoughts, I wish you fast recovery. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great clips!!! Diogo's facial expressions just kill me..LOL He is so fascinating to watch!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!
    Liliana,I am really sorry to hear about your health, know you will be in my prayers, darlin and wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. finally had a chance to watch all of this - sooo funny! he definitely has skills :-D the chairs and pencils in the school bit were hilarious!

    ReplyDelete