Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"Just for Fun" Clips of the Day

Today's "Clip(s) of the Day" are three just for fun clips hopefully to make you smile or laugh.  Enjoy!

First up, Diogo in "VIP Manicure" from 2009:


(clip courtesy of  Diogomorgadofans' YouTube Channel)

(Synopsis and Translation of "VIP Manicure" by Liliana):

Denise de Magalhães (Ana Bola) and Maria Delfina Caroço (Maria Rueff) are two "sculptors of nails", aka manicurists working in a shopping center pompously called Forum, in a suburb somewhere. Have a "corner of nails" under the stairs of the center, but Denise is very ambitious and has the dream of receiving VIP’s and treating their nails, which they ultimately achieve.  This series is a situation comedy.

Translating the lines:

Denise: Ohh Our Lady bless me.. Here comes Salazar!

Waitress: Aww this so bad that even Salazar will do…
Denise: It´s not that, girls! Salazar is coming here!
Waitress: Is he the one that’s going to substitute the other minister?
Denise: Girls, shut up and look!!!
(Maria Delfina starts running in slow motion towards Diogo…)
Maria Delfina: Awwww aww Salazar!! You’re as handsome in young as in old! Do it to me like you did on the movie! Take off my panties with your feet, and you don’t even need to take off your boots!
Waitress: She’s gone insane!
Diogo Morgado: I beg your pardon, not that I am not amused, but the truth is that my name is Diogo Morgado, Salazar was fictional character!
Denise: Yes he was, but ruled for 48 years, baby!
Maria Delfina: They call me Maria Delfine, Diogo Morgado!
Denise: Caroço! (means seed)
Diogo Morgado: Ohhh Caroço!
Maria Delfina: Yes, Caroço… do you like it?!
Diogo Morgado: Well the seeds, usually I spit! (all laughing). 
Maria Delfina: Awwww he splits the seeds!!!!
Denise: Maria Delfina, let go of Diogo!
Diogo Morgado: No, no… let her stay! I am enjoying it! Like this I can vary the landscape… Oh Jesus if Soraia Chaves sees this!
Maria Delfina: what do I have less than Soraia Chaves?
Diogo Morgado: Sooo … everything!
Denise: Well, let’s end up with this marmalade!!! Diogo, come with me please.
Diogo Morgado: Ok. But I wanted…. Ok, ok.
Denise: Sit here, sit here!
(The girls sit under and on top of him)
Diogo Morgado: Aww this is going well!! (Talks to the waitress) – You are very cute!
Maria Delfina: She??? Cute?? Fake nails!! Fake hair! Glued eyelashes! Cute?? She is just thin!
Waitress: At least I am not unbalanced! Will you give me your autograph, Diogo Morgado? 
Diogo Morgado: Yes, off course!
Waitress: Here you have a pen and paper.
Diogo Morgado: Wait a second, I am left handed.
Waitress: Write like this…
Diogo Morgado: What??
Waitress: “Diogo Morgado with much admiration for the lady Velvi”
Diogo Morgado: …. Lady Velvi, ok, done!
Waitress: Thank you! And look, how about a little kiss?
Diogo Morgado: I’ll give one or two!
Maria Delfina: No no no no… get out of here! 
Denise: (Loud!) Diogo!
Diogo Morgado: Yes ma’m!
Denise: What do you come here for? Don´t tell me you want to get gel nails?
Diogo Morgado: No. no… I don’t use… Speaking the truth I bite my nails! I come to make an appointment for my….
Denise: Girlfriend!
Maria Delfina: Then make him those nails that can scratch the backs! 
Denise: Ohhh Maria Delfina you are about to take a snap! Diogo Morgado is not your boyfriend!!
Denise: What is the name of your luckiest?
Diogo Morgado: No no no… is not for my girlfriend… It’s for my mom!
Denise: Aww so I can be your girlfriend, can I??
Diogo Morgado: Oh Oh… really!
(Denise calls the waitress to take Delfina out of there)
Denise: Give her 2 liters of linden tea, to see if it her calms down!
Denise: What a foolishness! What is this??
Diogo Morgado: Wwoooo she is very cute!!!!
Denise: Is she?? Why?
Diogo Morgado: Because she is wooofff… (explosive) Looks like that to me!
Denise: Cute… cute… I tell who is cute!...
Diogo Morgado: What, what…
Denise: Diogo… Did you ever had an experience with little bit older woman?
Diogo Morgado: Experiences I had, but not with older woman…
________

Next, check out this fun (even without translation) interview with Diogo and his good friend Rui Unas from 2009.  Specifically, fast forward to the 2:27 mark to see Diogo, the rapper.  :)



(clip courtesy of  Diogomorgadofans' YouTube Channel)

Finally, check out this behind the scenes video of a Lux photo shoot with Diogo from 2009:


Diogo Morgado - Making Of from Paulo Sampaio on Vimeo.

Thanks so much to fans Nicki and Stephanie for sending these clips my way, and thank you to the ever giving MsLiliana for providing yet another translation for us.  

Have a great day, everybody!

--Sara

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh nice to see cute, flirty, having fun Diogo! Not sure what his rap said but it was fun hahaha! Thank you for another great post. Love this blog Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diogo Morgado fans, at first, I always feel so happy to help! Put myself in your shoes and think: “Wouldn´t be great if someone would help me understand more?” So… I´m doin’ it with too much pleasure!
    Diogo and Unas the rappers… well they tried! Lol But there you have two great friends, funny, amusing and talented! They talk about and promote with that rap the paly “Pedras nos Bolsos” (Stones in my pockets) that they did together for a little while, here in Portugal we hope they will return to that!
    The photo-shoot for Lux Magazine shows how multifaceted Diogo Morgado can be. He says there, that they went to a car waste as he said to the producer (Rita Castelo Branco) he was more like this production instead of the trivial ones. Diogo says he likes photography, mostly, taking photos, but not a lover of being himself the photographed. In this photo-shoot, Diogo mentioned that the production team where great, made him relaxed and listened to his ideas too, and he felt very proud when he saw that great pictures!
    Finally… Sara, you brilliant girl! Thanks’ for keep this going! As one person uses to say: “If it makes a difference even just for one person... It was worth it.”
    All my friendship and admiration!

    Liliana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a clarification about who was Salazar!!! He was the Portuguese dictator from 1932 to 1968.

    Diogo played Salazar in a mini-series about Salazar's private life. This is important to understand the comic sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe one of the blog contributers is doing a future post about. If not, I will give my contribute soon about that matter. Thnak you Lou da Gama!

      Delete
    2. I saw some clips of that and am very interested in seeing the entire thing. I bet it was excellent :-)

      Delete
  4. I saw the VIP Manicure video about a week ago and wanted to know what they said SO bad! Thank you Sara for yet another amazing post! Thank you Liliana for translating! Diogo rapping was pretty funny even without translation! I look forward to tomorrow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it the other day, too, and knew it needed to be shared :-D This is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile!

      Delete
  5. More great clips! Thanks you guys! This is great getting to see more of what Diogo has done! That photo shoot was incredible!!! How he can be that good looking and not like having his picture taken... such a sweet, humble man. That still shot in the clip from the video shoot is breath-taking!! One of my absolute favorite pictures of him. Thanks again everyone!! Keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new here and I'm enjoying a lot this blog!! :) thank you so much everyone who contributes for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the kind words on the blog. I am having so much fun doing it, and the best part is meeting all of you. Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. More to come, please stay tuned. :) Thanks again, Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning man! Loved the rap clip. ROFLMAO @ the VIP Manicure clip.

    ReplyDelete