Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"Sol de Inverno" - Episode 114 Translations


(As always, thank you to Dina for the translations!)


A "typical" family morning

(Vasco (Manel's son) is playing a video game in the living room when Eduardo and Thais enter.) 
Eduardo: Eh, what is this noise? Kid, it's so loud there. Rita, do me a favor. When you go to the supermarket buy a package of cotton swabs to clean out the kid's ears. 

(Click the "Read More" link below to read the rest of this post...)
Thais: (very affectionate with Vasco) You are upsetting the boy. 
Eduardo: Upset what? Are you upset? Look, you can tell me. Are you sensitive? 
Thais: Stop.
(Laura and Manel enter.)
Laura: Hello.
Thais: Hello, good morning.
Manel: Hello, good morning. (To Vasco) So champion, are you in a good mood? Sleep well, son? 
Vasco: Yes, I did.
Laura: Have you gone to see the saddle that I asked Antonio to fetch for you? 
Vasco: (delighted) Really? Can I go to the stables to see? 
Manel: Now first let's have breakfast. It's better that way. 
(Teresa comes in running, training.) 
Laura: Hello dear, I thought you were still in your room. 
Teresa: No, I asked Vicente to go train early. I'll just take a shower. 
(When leaving, Teresa bumps into Margarita who is coming in.) 
Margarida: Hi mom, good morning.
Laura: (very happy) GOOD MORNING. So this is what I like. A rush, people on one end, people on the other.
Margarida: Rita, I have to hurry up now. I am in a hurry. I cannot leave Vera (her coach), waiting. Okay? 
Rita: Okay. I bring the coffee now. 
Manel: Bring me one too, Rita. 
Margarida: (to Vasco) So kid, are you good? 
Laura: Full house, people running from one end to the other ... 
Thais: Was like that in my house too. We almost drove my mother crazy. Me and my brothers, all morning, from one end to the other. 
Laura: That's the way it should be.  Such a big house like ours is better crowded. I'd still like to convince Salvador and Simão to come back here. 
Eduardo: Mom, if that happens, do me the favor that Simão and Nuno's room is far away from mine, because there are things I'd rather not hear. 
Laura: Eduardo, do not be rude .... DON'T BE RUDE! 
Eduardo: Just the image gives me the creeps, mother. That is the truth. I apologize for being honest. 
(Laura looks at her watch.) 
Laura: Matilde's hearing should be starting.
__________

--Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment