Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Diogo on "Olá Manhã"


Diogo and his "Sol de Inverno" co-star Cláudia Vieira were on the radio show "Olá Manhã" this morning to discuss the series and their characters, Eduardo and Andreia Teles de Aragão.  The show posted some video of their interview taking place, and the always incredible Dina was kind enough to send us a translation, which can be found right below the clip.


(video courtesy of Renascença)

(Click the "Read More" link below to read the rest of this post...)
Dina Isabel/Host (DI): Hello, good morning Cláudia and Diogo.  At 8 am, with actors, we try to be in a good mood here because at this hour, it's hard (laughs).  I had bet that Cláudia would be the first to arrive. I think the male's inability to be on time is incredible.
Diogo: 12 minutes, to my knowledge, has never been considered late.
Cláudia Vieira (CV): Portuguese punctuality, right? Typical Portuguese. 15 - 20 minutes is not considered late.
Diogo: (insists) it's not and has never been considered a delay. It ... is .... A characteristic (laughs.)
DI: If I asked you to describe your character in 30 seconds, how would you?
CV: My Andreia Teles de Aragão is highly ambitious, is focused on her image, has the notion that her image is what has opened the doors for all she has achieved so far, is married to a man .... (makes a grimace.)
Diogo: (interjects) who is spectacular (laughs.)
CV: That ... lack of initiative, to be able ...
Diogo: (interjects) is very capable...
CV: She is always criticizing everything that her husband does.
Diogo: [You] Call that criticism?
CV: Yes ... it's only a tiny criticism.
Diogo: It's mockery!
DI: And you, Diogo?
Diogo: Well, I'm all that she didn’t say (laughs). So my Eduardo is someone who really doesn’t have much sense, he lacks a little of everything. What do I mean by this? I mean Eduardo is someone who was somewhat neglected by his mother, is the oldest, and therefore even though he was an incompetent fool, took the path because it was paid for by his mother, almost forced. And he always thought that being in a family with lots of money, and being the eldest, he would obviously have every right to carry on the line and follow through with everything that belongs to the family.
DI: Teles de Aragão is a cumbersome last name.
Diogo: Yes... but the mother is not dumb.
DI: Mothers never are.
Diogo: (shrugs) some are (laughs.)
DI: It's true.  
Diogo: But this mother blocked him right from the start and they have a very complicated relationship. So the life of Eduardo is not easy.
DI: Cláudia, did you leave home without eating breakfast?
CV: No I ate a bowl of cereal with fruit.
DI: Oh my God it annoys me when these stylish girls say they eat cereal and fruit for breakfast.
Diogo: But make no mistake, Claudia is a real glutton. She eats everything. She and Ines Castelo Branco [plays "Teresa"] join the two and look, you know, there's a family of hobbits at the table (laughs.)
DI: Diogo, are you also a cereal boy?
Diogo: I am, I am, but I stand there very quietly looking at them because if I'm neglectful, things get bad.
DI: I understand. Now we can empathize with one another (laughs).
________

(photo of Diogo and Cláudia with hosts Dina Isabel & Óscar Daniel courtesy of Renascença)

Obrigada Dina, as always, for the translation!

--Sara


3 comments:

  1. Diogo has been working out it seems... look at those guns, i mean arms lol. And i think he's definitely worth waiting 12 minutes for lol. Thanks for this post Sara and Dina, your the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that! :) He's a busy guy too still...as always! thanks Sara and Dina!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sending this interview! I always like to see how the actors lead with each other out of the fiction! :)

    ReplyDelete