Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Day with Diogo (from 2009)

Today's "Clip  of the Day" comes from a 2009 episode of SIC TV's E-Especial that featured a glimpse into a day in the life of Diogo, as told/shot by the man himself.  

Our awesome friend Lou da Gama (now on Twitter!) translated this very fun clip for us, which can be found below the video.

(video courtesy of Diogomorgadofans/YouTube)

[Diogo in the car]

Diogo: Ladies and gentlemen… good morning. At the moment, we’re on the way to the post office to pay stuff called… “bills to pay”… and so, this is my life. Yet, I’m happy. Why? Because it’s hot. The weather is good. We can say… Oooh… a truck! And that’s it. I passed the truck… with some efficiency… it must be said!

(Click the "Read More" link below to read the rest....)

[Entering the building]

All right! And what are we going to do now? Now… now, we’re going to do some voice-overs… we’re going to do some voice-overs. It’s now… 2 pm… 2:15pm. I’m a bit late. The voice-overs are booked for 2pm.

[Studio]

The booking of the voice-overs for cartoons is for 3pm, not for 2pm. So your friend arrived at 2:10pm thinking he was super late. Oooh!!! And he has more than 40 minutes waiting till the right time.

[Recording Studio]

(Talking to the people in the studio) Ahhhh!!! It’s good! Let’s go! Come on! Why not? Lower the microphone? But, I’m here. I’m here. I’m here. I’ll do it here.

[Outside again]

Okay people! So this is it… I’m now arriving here at… I think it’s done…. I’m arriving at the studio Fernando Martins, because SIC is preparing a big event for you, okay? Look! Now, I’m going there… there… do you see it?

[New studio]

Hold on! This is too tight. Oh well… how can I focus this? Okay. Now, it’s focused. Now yes! I’m here at the studio as I said... "hoofs" and a microphone, hmm?! Doesn't it say anything to you? Hmm? So, this is it… I’m going to sing… and... I’m hoarse!!! I’m voiceless! So, I’m not going to sing… I’m going to roar, I’m going to murmur. Fernando is there. He’s the person who’s going to make that this won’t be chaotic. We’re going to prepare music… a song. Yes! It’s true! I’m going to sing, people!

[… Singing… and dancing.........]

Female voice: But it’s that one!

Diogo: But why is it so out of tune?

[After singing]

Of course, we are at ease because we can say all the swear words we want, because nobody is going to air this.

Male voice: It’s for SIC!

Diogo: No! Nobody is going to air this! Who’s going to air this? Me, saying…. Piiiiii (swear words)… Nobody!!! I hope so…... I hope so…....

[Back in car]

It’s now 8:10 pm and I’m already on my way to the theater... though… not as fast as I’d like to, because unfortunately at this time of the summer, all people remember to go to the beach. I don’t understand why! And so… I’m stuck in a traffic jam, this because I live in the south bank. A traffic jam that never ends! That’s it! Nice traffic at its best! Cool traffic… and I should be now arriving at theater! It’s 8:15 pm at the moment. I should be at the theater. Noooo… I’m here! I’m here! I’m stuck in traffic! It sounds good, hmm?

[End at the theater]
__________

Big thank you to Lou da Gama for providing yet another translation for us.  We appreciate it!

Oh and just FYI, the theater Diogo goes to is Teatro Malaposta, where he was appearing in the play "Pedras Nos Bolsos" ("Stones in his Pockets") with his friend and frequent co-star Rui Unas.  


You can also see a trailer for "Pedras Nos Bolsos" below.


(video courtesy of Klassiskusteatro/YouTube)

--Sara




4 comments:

  1. ( Deep Sigh ) .... There he is!!! Always does my heart so good to see Diogo doing something!!! I just love his face expressions!!! This made my night..truly!!!! Thanks so much!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty true! His face expressions are too cute. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, adorbs :-) that was fun, thanks for posting! and he has a lovely baritone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... I am suspicous... But I loved it too! Lol

    Great post, Sara!

    ReplyDelete