Saturday, June 7, 2014

Diogo on today's "E-Especial"


SIC's "E-Especial" talked to Diogo on the set of "Sol de Inverno" back when he was filming his final scenes as "Eduardo."  I know we are not caught up with "Sol" here on the blog, there was just too much exciting Diogo stuff to post last week with the "Son of God" DVD release!  :)  But I will catch us up/wrap up "Sol de Inverno" for us next week, I promise.  But if you don't want to know what happens until you see it, wait until then to watch this interview below.  Otherwise, below the video is a translation of the short but sweet interview, courtesy once again of our wonderful Dina.  Obrigada Dina!


Diogo on "E-Especial"

(Click the "Read More" link below to read the rest of this post...)
Sofia Tavares Fernandes/Host (STF): Today, it is hard for you, being the last day. 
DM: Don't say that, because it hurts. The last day doesn't exist. It is always the closing of a chapter, the beginning of another... I don't like goodbyes. It is always just until later. 
(On set waiting to film on a cold dark night.)
DM: (trembling) I'm cold, Sofia... 
STF: Oh yeah? Why?
DM: Because it's too cold, and the ground is cold... 
STF: (to Maria João Luis/"Laura" re: filming late out in the cold) On days like this, you regret just a little, or have no regrets, for choosing this profession?
MJL: No, no, I never regret. It's part of it. It's one of the things that is a part of this profession and sometimes it can be extremely hard, right? 
DM: Maria João was, for me, the great challenge of this series. I had a great desire to work with her, and for me, if there is a dream come true, in this case it was working with Maria João. 
MJL: It's an extremely harsh and violent scene and it's always hard to do... It hurts us always a bit too, right? It hurts us also. This is good for the actor. The actor gain from it, doesn't lose. 
STF: Before this dramatic setting, behind the scenes you guys play... 
(They show footage of Diogo and Maria João adorably playing around in the makeup trailer.)
DM: When you really enjoy what you do, you must have fun, and fun will also include the silliness, the nonsense, the monkeying around because these are the times when we're happy. So if it doesn't exist, maybe it's because we're bypassing a place where we can be happy.
(More footage of them having fun in the makeup trailer.) 
DM: (teasing Maria João) Now, now. Say it out loud so the people at home can hear. Tell the truth ... what is inside the soul. The soul?  Oops... you don't have it. 
MJL: Our time before the scenes is much more joyful and explosive ... 
STF: (shivering, back in the cold while they are all waiting to film the scenes) It is difficult...
DM: It's 9 pm. It is no longer just cool. I am no longer able to laugh. Now I only can be serious and "die."
STF: Pout. Cry.
(Diogo pouts.) 
DM: I can't cry anymore other than that. I can't cry.
______________

I have to say, I loooved EVERY scene that Diogo and the INCREDIBLE Maria João Luis had together in "Sol de Inverno."  For me, it was the "Eduardo and Laura" show, and I love seeing their fun behind the scenes too.  I really, really hope we get to see them together in future projects as well! 

And like I said, I will catch us up and post Diogo's last couple of episodes of "Sol de Inverno" next week so we can say a bittersweet goodbye to "Eduardo." Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

--Sara


1 comment: