Friday, May 30, 2014

"Sol de Inverno" - Episodes 192 and 193 Translations


As a reminder, I am only posting a few scenes from some of the most recent episodes of "Sol de Inverno" to catch us up.  To recap, even after her death, Thais was able to send a text to all of Eduardo's brothers and sisters telling them where their mother Laura was being held.  Eduardo was able to reach the doctor and have Laura moved to a vacant building before his siblings got there, and the doctor assured them their mother was not there.  But the siblings are more convinced than ever that Eduardo knows where their mother is, and have vowed to do all they can to find her and make Eduardo pay. Eduardo is more convinced than ever they will never find their mother.  Meanwhile, Rita is putting pressure on Eduardo to marry her after all she has done for him...  And that's where we pick up our scenes below, and of course, as always, a huge thank you to Dina for the translations!
(At the 00:53 mark, Eduardo goes to visit his mother after she has been moved to an abandoned building so his siblings can't find her.)
Eduardo: Good morning, Mom.
Laura: Why are you doing this to me?
Eduardo: Because you haven’t give me any other option, Mother.
Laura: (screams) Don’t call me mother. I'm not your mother. I hate you.
Eduardo: Wow, wow, you're so hard to please mother. You like nothing. You were in hospice, you didn’t like being in hospice. Now I bring you here but you apparently don’t like being here. You don't like me, you don't like anything. You like nothing.
Laura: You bastard, get me outta here. I'm getting out. I'm going to get out.
Eduardo: You're gonna get out, mom? How? Tell me.  Are my brothers and sisters going to get you out? No. .. I don't think so. Last night they even tried to pay a visit to the hospice, and they found nothing. Actually, it was a pity.
(Eduardo hands her a plate with bread on it.)
Eduardo: Go on, take the little bread there that is warm. Come on mom, do it, you need your strength...
(Laura cries.) 
Eduardo: Mom, if I were you, I would get used to the idea that will you not leave here anytime soon.
Laura: Where did I go wrong with you?
Eduardo: Where did you go wrong, Mom? Nowhere. Nowhere.
Laura: I must have done something wrong. Your siblings are nothing like you.
Eduardo: I'm in charge here. I decide when you eat, when you don't eat, if you eat, if you sleep, I'm even able to decide if you don't sleep. And listen, Mother, I'll decide if and when you get out of here. Get that into your head.
Laura: Where are you going Eduardo? Don’t leave me here... Don’t leave me here... Please... Take me with you... Son...
(Eduardo kisses her hands and leaves.)

Rita: So? Have you thought about what I told you?  (About them getting there marriage license today/getting married ASAP.)
Eduardo: Oh Rita...
Rita: Oh Rita, what?
Eduardo: Rita, I have a meeting today. I can’t miss it.
Rita: Oh yes, of course, a meeting ...
Eduardo: I'm serious, I'm not lying. Yes, I have a meeting. I'm not lying ... I told you, love, that we're getting married. But we don't need to schedule it today, do we?
Rita: We also don't need to go there together, do we? Just takes one of us. And I can easily stop by there...
(Eduardo hands a paper to Rita.)
Rita: What’s this?
Eduardo: It's the address where my mother is. I have this meeting ...
Rita: You are funny. You must think I'm still the maid, no?
Eduardo: (full of charm) Ohhh, my maid, I told you that we're getting married. We'll go there tomorrow. Tomorrow the two of us will go together to handle this. I promise.
Rita: You like me? You love me?
Eduardo: Yesss .... Sure.
________

--Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment