Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"Sol de Inverno" - Episodes 118 and 119 Translations


(As always, thank you to Dina for the translations!)


Margarida's in the news

(The family is gathered at the table, having breakfast. Eduardo reads the news about  Margarida’s sex video in the newspaper.)
Laura: Eduardo, drop it.

(Click the "Read More" link below to read the rest of this post...)
Eduardo: Mother, the damage is done. Better to read what they wrote.
(Teresa and Margarida arrive.)
(Eduardo drops the newspaper but lets it stay on top of the table.)
Laura: So sweetie? How are you?
Margarida: How does mother think I am?
Teresa: Good morning.
Eduardo: Good morning.
Margarida: (picking up the newspaper) What is this?
Teresa: No, no, do not even think about reading this.
(Eduardo and Thais exchange a look.)
Margarida: I swear I did not want you to have this shame. If I knew it was going to be like this, I would've never set foot in that party, okay?
Manel: Margarida, listen, the only person who should apologize is Andreia.
Eduardo: Andreia ... I expect it all from her, but this was a very low blow. It was a very low blow ...
Thais: Your ex-wife does not play to lose.
Eduardo: No.
Laura: I hope you can be different, Thais. My kids have a knack for choosing the women they marry....


Eduardo and Thais talk business

(Eduardo and Thais are in the living room working at the computer)
Thais: Payment for 30 days ... Yeah .... (very satisfied) It’s done.
Eduardo: What? Did you convince the company to work with us?
Thais: Love, what can't I do?
Eduardo: (gets up to go give her a kiss) What can't you do, what can't you do...
(Laura and Manel arrive home.)
Laura: Good afternoon ...
Thais: (very friendly) Hello, good afternoon ... How was your day?
Manel: It was a fairly quiet day.
Laura: We had no problems at Boheme, which is rare.
Eduardo: Thais and I have also been working.
Thais: I am impressed by how much the business is growing.
Manel: That's what I call good news.
Laura: Eduardo, if you had told me you had more talent at exporting medicine than at shoes, would have avoided a lot of problems at Boheme.
Eduardo: (forces a fake smile) I'll take a walk.
Laura: I was joking, son.
Eduardo: Okay.
Thais: I will too. Excuse me.
Manel: I thought you'd be glad that Eduardo's company seems to be working ...
Laura: Manel, I'm not stupid. The company is working because Thais is working at the company. If it was Eduardo, it would be a failure. One more.
Manel: You want me to make you a whiskey, or should I give you a kiss?
Laura: I prefer a kiss.
__________

--Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment