Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Sol de Inverno" - Episode 108 Translations


Videos and translations thanks to Dina.


Mother and Son Talk by diogofanfriends

Laura: Sit because the conversation will not be quick.
Eduardo: I spent all day feeling like a ghost, making excuses to try and justify myself ...

(Click the "Read More" link below to read the rest of this post...)
Laura: It was the least you could do, Eduardo. Do you have no idea of what we went through because of you? You have any idea? How long were you going to stay silent? Were you going to call us at any point? Were you going to give us any sign of life? I'm not gonna lie, I felt genuinely happy when I held you and when I knew you were alive.
Eduardo: I should be sleeping, not doing anything.
Laura: Shut up! I went to Mexico to talk to a doctor in a morgue. And you know what I did next? I went to the hotel where you were staying, mourned your death. Your brothers accused me of everything that had happened. You were going let me live until the end of my days with this guilt? What were you thinking? You exchanged us for one unknown girl…
Eduardo: (furious) I owe my life to this unknown girl.
Laura: You owe your life to me. It was I who gave birth to you. Got it? How does someone so greedy and self indulgent, give up everything for the beach and coconut milk?
Eduardo: (also now beside himself) Thais makes me feel good, you know? Makes me feel good ... self indulgent? I'm self indulgent? Maybe I am. Maybe I was spoiled. If being self indulgent is living away, to not have to live under the pressure of this house, then yes I'm self indulgent. If being self indulgent is not working for a company I've never been appreciated at, yes, I'm self indulgent, mother. Sorry to be self indulgent. When my father died mother gave the direction of Boheme to whom? To Teresa! When Teresa fell ill, you gave it to Salvador. Salvador is not even your son, damnit. Never gave me an opportunity. How do you want me to feel?
Laura: I love you the same way I love your siblings. But I'm gonna be honest, I never recognized your great qualities. It is a fact. And still do not recognize.
Eduardo: You see mom? Mother, I'd come back for what? Hmm? To be humiliated? Even more? Or to live clinging to a marriage that does not make sense? For what? What it is that I'd come running back for?
Laura: (calmer) How will you live in Brazil, Eduardo? Tell me. In fact, how you've lived so far?
Eduardo: I have two accounts in my name. A joint account with Andreia that obviously soon became empty ... that's love ... and then I have another that has some in it and will sustain me for some time.
Laura: Eduardo, you have not been preparing for this, have you?
Eduardo: Of course not, mother.
Laura: Money runs out.
Eduardo: I know.  I know. Do not worry. I am going in to pharmaceutical drug sales. In these growing countries, it's the next big business. There is more money to spend on health ... It will be productive.
Laura: And how are you going to open that company, Eduardo? With a fake ID? You need to recover your identity. I'll talk to a lawyer, so he can get rid of the death certificate and get you an ID card and a passport. Now, in return, I want you to give me power of attorney to decide, in your name, matters at Boheme.
Eduardo: (seems to be satisfied) That's it? (And nods his head.) I'll call Thais.  (He calls Thais on the phone.)   I Am? Love? Yes, it's me. I miss you so much too. Of course, everything here is great. Yes, we're almost there, baby. I promise it won't be long.


Brother and Sister by diogofanfriends

(Teresa calls Eduardo to her room.)
Eduardo: What is it?
Teresa: I haven't been able to speak alone with you. I only found out after your disappearance that you had gone to Mexico looking for a donor for me.
Eduardo: Teresa, at the time we did not tell you anything because we knew you would be absolutely opposed.
Teresa: That did not make me feel less guilty when you "died."
Eduardo: Teresa, I'm sorry.
Teresa: No, don't. You don't have to apologize. I want to thank you. I want to thank you for the transplant, even if it hasn't gone well you went to Mexico. It was a little weird to know that you were alive and you were hiding from us. But, in a way, I understand. If you knew the desire I have, from time to time, to get out of here and start all over again, from scratch.
Eduardo: But so now you can do that, right?
Teresa: I lack courage. I'm not gonna ask you to stay. I really hope you will be happy and that you're doing the right thing.
Eduardo: I'm sure I will, I'm doing the right thing. Well, I said this to Margarida, and I'll tell you too. I'll be waiting for your visit there in Brazil.
Teresa: I want to know how Thais is, tell me everything.
Eduardo: How is she?
Teresa: Yes, how did you meet each other?
(Eduardo, very excited, begins to tell his sister.)


Same old, same old by diogofanfriends

(Laura, Margarida and Eduardo are in the living-room, before dinner.)
Margarida: When will you go back to Brazil?
Eduardo: When they give me back my passport.
Laura: And not only.
Eduardo: Mom, I think it is unnecessary to keep me here just because of the company. If you want I'll give a power of attorney.
Laura: And the divorce with Andreia? Also do that by proxy and power of attorney? Just leave here when you have everything settled. Take it easy.
(The doorbell rings. It’s Simão and his partner Nuno coming to dinner, too.)
Margarida: It’s Nuno and Simão.
Eduardo: (with his usual homophobia) Nuno and Simão? What do you mean, Nuno?
Laura: Eduardo, I know being nice is gonna be difficult, but try to, at least, keep quiet. Can you?
Eduardo: I’m going to my room.
Laura: No. You stay here. Sit.
Dulce: Boys are here.
Nuno: Hello, good evening.
Laura: Hello Nuno. How are you?
(Nuno reaches out to Eduardo, but Eduardo stops him.)
Eduardo: So? Okay? Let's go to the table?
Laura: Come on. Simão and I will choose the wine.
Eduardo: (teasing) Maybe first we could ask Dulce for a few Margaritas… with some umbrellas...
Nuno: (ignoring Eduardo's attempt to provoke) That's not necessary. I'm fond of whiskey.
Margarida: Let’s go to dinner.
_______

--Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment