Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The "Making of" Diogo's TMN Commercials


TMN posted a behind the scenes/"making of" video about the awesome commercials in their "TMN VerĂ£o. Bar Aberto Internet" series, which feature Diogo and friends at the beach.  And our friend Liliana was kind enough to translate it for us, found beneath the video!

(video courtesy of tmn/YouTube)

Diogo: I was the owner of two bars, the first one when I was 22 years old, like a friends thing.
(…)
For this specific campaign I think I was able to translate that very well.  There are small details that even if people don't know the story of these friends, there are genuine things about them. Ummm and that is the type of thing that is not typical in advertising. It’s like story telling, not only to sell the product, but to associate it with a feeling. 
(…)
The apps go through the undeniable social media ones like Instagram, Twitter or Facebook…
(…)
I am living in a unique generation, one which is able to communicate with the those who love their work directly, without any middlemen, that is absolutely incredible! 
(…)
With this group of films done in such a short period of time, I felt such effectiveness from the producers and all involved. We were all well prepared for what we were going to do. 
[Interviewer: What things about this filming will you want to tell everyone?]
Diogo: Look… I never thought I could amuse myself so much while shooting an ad! (Obrigada to Liliana for another great translation!)
_______

TMN also posted another short commercial in the series with Diogo and friends today!  This one is called "A Caldeirada" ("A Stew") and you can see it below.  (I LOVE this campaign and these ads, and so want to pitch them as a series/film here in the States, hee!)


(video courtesy of tmn/YouTube)

You can read more about this awesome TMN summer campaign/series here, and see the previous TMN commercials, including the first one (aka "Broadband"), the extended version (aka "This summer, come on"), and the 2nd one, aka "The Workaholic," by clicking on their respective links.  

--Sara

3 comments:

  1. Well I never thought I could amuse myself so much from watching an ad LOL! But I love them and he is right, even if you don't know these friends stories you feel like you know them. My favorite part of the making of is when Diogo imitates clapping that film board thing they always do before they yell action LOL. He is too cute and I bet he was an awesome and fun bar owner. Thanks for another great. This is the best blog ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! He is so adorable and I love the way he shares stories, he is just a natural in front of the camera! What a great Diogo day today and hopefully tomorrow with Emmys will be even better. And I agree this is the best blog ever! No offense but Your in LA right and you had this and his interview today up and translated before the Portugal blog even had it posted LOL! Thanks Sara and Liliana for all you do! Hope Diogo knows how much we appreciate you this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog IS the best. Should be Diogo's official site and is his official site for me lol. LOVE these TMN commercials, nice to see this side of Diogo as I suspect he is fun like this to his friends for sure!

    ReplyDelete