Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"Sol de Inverno" - Episodes 158 and 159 Translations


(As always, thank you to Dina for the translations!)


(Simão, Nuno and Camila are having dinner with the family at home.)

(Click the "Read More" link below to read the rest of this post...)
Eduardo: (again sarcastic to his brother’s family) Hmm... The whole family is gathered ... now they brought... what is she called?
Camila: My name is Camila. Haven't you learned it yet?
Eduardo: Hey Camila, very well ...
Simão: Camila already knows how to write her first and last name.
Eduardo: Very good, very good ... And what is the last name? The last name is from the father, the other only can be...
Laura: Eduardo, please…
Camila: (to Margarida) Can we go see your horses?
Simão: Not today Camila, it's late.
Nuno: Yes, at this time the horses are already sleeping.
Margarida: But hey, if your parents will let you, when you come here next we can both go horse riding. What do you think?
Eduardo: It's just a horse, it's easy ...
Laura: Eduardo, please…
Margarida: And you want me to thank you for that, right?
Eduardo: Mother, Margarida is starting to speak about the horses...
Laura: Eduardo, shut up! Can yoy? Can we eat in peace?   Frankly... after what you did, stop these unnecessary comments.
(Eduardo goes talk with the mother to the library)
Eduardo: Mom, we haven't finished that talk about me returning to Boheme, and well ... I wanted ...
(Although his mother is not paying attention, Eduardo sits and continues to speak.)
Eduardo: Mom, I know that Teresa is your right arm and, she is very good at what she does. I know that. But you and I know that Teresa, ultimately, does not have the health needed to give 100% to Boheme, right?
Laura: Are you suggesting you take a seat on board, instead of your sister?
Eduardo: No, that's not what I said. No. You're putting words in my mouth. You see how things are? Did I say that? I didn't. What I'm saying is that I can be a good help during times when Teresa can not be, okay? In fact, now that I no longer have the drug company, I am much more available. I easily be at Boheme all the time, if so required, okay?
Laura: (with wry smile) You know what? You've worn me down to exhaustion.
Eduardo: So does that mean I can go back to Boheme?
(Laura nods her head.)..
Eduardo: Okay ... Mother ... It might be a bit early, I know that you will still think about what place you will assign me, but remember, I had ideas for the board, which are very effective ideas that can take Boheme to...
(Laura sees something on the computer and interrupts him.)
Laura: How did I not see this before?
(Laura hurries out. Eduardo only realizes what is happening when he sees, on the computer, the notice that Sofia’s shoe collection Mood, is being released.)

(Eduardo is sitting at Laura's desk, celebrating, alone, his return to Boheme when Simão comes looking for Laura.)
Eduardo: (as if talking to someone) You are fired! Do not know, do not know, I'll think about it..
Simão: Good morning…
Eduardo: So?
Simão: What are you doing here?
Eduardo: Ahh, she didn't tell you? Maybe she didn’t tell you. Never mind, I'll give you the news. I'm back at Boheme.
Simão: (not very fond the news) Good for you...
Eduardo: Thanks.
Simão: Is there any reason why mother has not arrived yet?
Eduardo: No, no. She hurried off, without saying where she was going.
Simão: Okay, I’m going to call her.
Eduardo: Do it, do it.
Simão: (talking to Laura) Mother, hello. Is everything okay? Is there any reason you haven't arrived yet? Just because I found it unusual. No, it's nothing urgent. The Mood catalog arrived and ... Okay, okay. Talk to you soon. Kisses.
Eduardo: So?
Simão: Teresa got to leave the hospital and mother picked her up.
Eduardo: That the Mood catalog?  Let me see, come on Simão, give it to me.
(Simão gives him the catalog.)
Eduardo: Let’s see this… Well… impeccable…
Simão: Sofia has a fantastic collection..
Eduardo: She does indeed. You could learn something from her, Simão…
Simão: Are you insinuating something?
Eduardo: No, I'm not implying anything, I think that you should strive to risk not being overtaken by someone who is twice your age. Well … you know what? When I worked here, we talked every day with the designers. We were on them all day. Forcing them to be the best. The best on the market. I don't know why, things have now changed a bit ... It's sad.
Simão: There's lot less lacking at Boheme than what you think ...
(Simão gets up to leave.)
Eduardo: (calls to him and gives him the Mood catalog) A piece of advice ... Look for work in the area of dolls and comics. Because designing shoes, brother, you're weak...

Laura: Eduardo, you'll be responsible for the Department of New Markets.
Eduardo: (disappointed) It's an interesting role, mother, but the Board is the place where ...
Laura: It’s this or nothing.
Eduardo: Mom, how can I tell you this?
Laura: I have very little patience for your whims. You wanted so badly a position at Boheme. I'm giving you this opportunity!
Simão: I’m going back to my office..
Laura: Simão, I was reading on the internet the comments about Sofia's collection. There's even a comment that says this is the best collection in recent memory ...
Simão: Mother, Boheme must quickly respond to it. Maybe we need to do an event to bring attention back to the brand. I don't know ...
Laura: Our next collection has to be absolutely amazing. At this stage it is necessary to take a risk.
Simão: We're working on it.


(Eduardo goes talk with his mother in the library.)
Eduardo: Mom, I've been researching the German trading company, and I assure you that I am prepared to accompany you to dinner.
Laura: It won't be necessary.
Eduardo: (again tries to please his mother) But mother, if you asked for help from Teresa it's because you feel that somehow it will be helpful to have support in this discussion, right? Seriously, I assure you I am more than prepared. Ask me questions, test me, do whatever you want.
Laura: What nonsense! Okay, you can go. You can go.
Eduardo: So ... need anything else?
Laura: No, no. You can leave. Get out, get out now, I have to work, please.
(Eduardo gets up and starts to leave.)
Laura: Look, ask Rita to bring me a coffee, okay?


(Since Laura and Eduardo were out having dinner with the German customer, Manel went to the house to visit Teresa, but they come home sooner than expected.)
Laura: Good evening..
Teresa: Good evening, mother. I thought that you and Eduardo had a dinner...
Eduardo: His wife was unexpectedly and urgently hospitalized, and he returned to Germany.
Manel: Well, I better get going. Good to see you Teresa. You are beautiful as always. See you soon.
Laura: Come with me to the library, Manel. I'd like to have a word with you.
Eduardo: (to Teresa) It seems this time you didn’t coordinate their schedules...
________

--Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment