Thursday, October 22, 2015

Diogo's video on "5 Para a Meia-Noite"


On Tuesday night, Rui Unas made his debut as one of the hosts of RTP's late night talk show, "5 Para a Meia-Noite."  Diogo sent Rui a video message to offer his good friend "encouragement" on his big night.  Our own good friend Dina, was once again kind enough to translate Diogo's message to Rui for us, which can be found right below the video.


(video courtesy of 5 Para a Meia-Noite's YouTube Channel)

(Click the "Read More" link below to read the rest of this post...)
Diogo: Is it on? Hmm... I think so.  Rui, ah, ah, I heard that... 5... "5 Para a Meia-Noite" (5 to midnight)... Don’t do it, Rui. Not cool. No, the show is cool, it's you that... You’re cool. You’re VERY cool. You’re my best friend... Rui.
(trying not to laugh)
But you and the show...
(shakes his head) 
The show, arrrrrrrr is... is ... it's there, right? And, and, and you... Hmmmm.... And you... you are too... Just that together (Rui plus the show) it's, it's... arrrrr... Hmmm... Don’t do it, okay? Is that okay?  No, don’t do it. Okay?
(Diogo is now talking to someone on the phone)
I don’t know... I don’t know why, dude... Because he felt like it... Because he's a fool.  I have no idea. I have no idea. No, no... Yes, he’ll host the show... Yes, tell those jokes and I don’t know, whatever, and la la la...  Look, what I want to know is this, if I say that we’re friends, and he hosts this show, can that harm me in some way, or not?   Okay... that's what I figured. So the idea is like, we’re mad at each other, we’re no longer friends and the guy hosts the show his way.  Okay. And if we find a way to not know that he is hosting the show? No man... not put on a mask, we need a smart solution, so that the guy... so no one knows that he's hosting the show... Then I can still be his friend, right?
(talking again into the camera to Rui now)
Rui, I was thinking ... Forget what I said.  Host the show! Okay? Do it!  It will be great. You and the show were made for each other. Okay? "5 Para a Meia-Noite"... Uauuuu.  Now, an idea, an idea... I was talking to the guys, uhh...  With friends, with our friends, and how about hosting the show like a revolutionary, with no cameras...  Huh? Like only audio. Like a podcast but on television. Like an audiobook. No cameras. And another thing, another thing, instead of you being called Rui Unas, how about you being called Carla Antunes. Huh?
(using a deep voice) 
"And now, with you on "5 Para a Meia-Noite," Carla Antunes." And you do a voice like: 
(in a squeaky voice)
"Hello, everyone, hello. So..."
(back to normal voice)
This will rock, okay? Will rock... Okay? And that's it, me and our friends came up with this solution. With this idea. We came up with this idea.  So do the show, but in this way.  I promise you that everything will be fine, man.
(And then at the beginning of the show, the announcer introduces Rui as Carla Antunes, LOL.)
____

Congrats on the new gig, Carla, I mean Rui!  :)  

And always, a big hug and obrigada to Dina for the translation of this fun video!

--Sara

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sara! You're always hard at work for us! ............Nelda

    ReplyDelete