Saturday, May 17, 2014

Diogo at the 2014 GQ Portugal "Men of the Year" Awards


Diogo recently attended the 2014 GQ Portugal "Men of the Year" Awards on May 11th.  You may recall that last year, Diogo was named GQ Portugal's first "Man of the Year."  This year he was on hand to present the award for "Woman of the Year."  Below are some pictures of Diogo at this year's event:  


And here's a quick interview he gave at the awards, which the ever awesome Dina translated for us, found right beneath the video.  (Diogo's part begins at the 1:35 mark.)  



Interviewer: How was it? (being the GQ Man of the Year last year.)
Diogo: It was a huge privilege for me. It was a really good year, very good ... It was also a year in which I had the privilege to feel that there were many Portuguese who took pride in themselves, not in me, but maybe with me, through me, to take pride in themselves... to feel that we are here and that we are as capable as any other.  And then the GQ award itself, as I have already said, it is an internationally prestigious award, having it in Portugal, is very prestigious for Portugal...  We reward very little what is done in Portugal. Whatever area it may be. And I feel that more and more we’re realizing that Portuguese have their value, and this value, like any other thing, should be awarded.
_______

--Sara





3 comments:

  1. I just can't stop loving you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is he back in Portugal again. Do you know when he starts filming for the Messengers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This event was in Portugal on May 11th the article said. :) All I have read is that The Messengers is supposed to start airing around January, I haven't read anything about when they start filming.

    ReplyDelete